She was a half million-dollar producer and chose to leave her clients and the safety of a big firm, to rid herself of a toxic professional environment. Her partnership had become challenging and less than motivating, the limitations imposed on her vision of what could be sapped all her energy. One day she realized this is NOT what I signed up for.
It was time to make a BIG change. Due to partnership contract there was a good chance she would have to leave her clients behind but her vision of the future made the sacrifice worth it. She chose a well-known firm with a solid name but provided a more entrepreneurial environment. She was ready to build it her way.
Tired of the typical business model, she was determined to build a practice that encouraged every woman to take more control of her financial life. She was a perfect role model, she too left her comfort zone, faced the fear of uncertainty, left the safety of a good income to build something that she was passionate about and had real purpose to her life as well as that of other women. Carrying residual limiting beliefs (stemming from her previous partnership) we first had to peel off layers of defenses to uncover her true nature. I learned she had always been a leader in life and was highly passionate about education; I began to see glimpses of someone quite unique. After verbally traversing the many challenges she had faced in both her personal and business life eventually her true character began to shine through.
I knew we had to find her story. While she had many personal experiences to choose from we had to uncover “THE” story that was the most meaningful to her and would provide the foundation for her new practice, plan and business strategy. Her openness, sharing highly sensitive experiences, enhanced my ability to see beyond the surface and accelerated the creative process.
Here’s what was accomplished just 1 ½ days:
- Her story – We were able to capture her devotion to family and legacies, tying into the need for women to play a stronger role while at the same time highlighting her own courage and desire to see women succeed.
- Her Tribal Market: While women were her focus her tribal market was the working class, women who were tired of staying in the shadows and were ready to step forward and play a stronger role in managing her financial life
- Her compelling message: Focused on the unique challenges of her tribal market and emphasizing their primary concerns (keeping it simple and in their language) she was able to articulate who she helped in a way that intrigued more interest
- Her Tiffany Boxes – By simply repackaging what she does and the tools and service she provides we develop a process that was clear, compelling and appealing to every woman who walked thru her door.
- Her Seminar Strategy: Using my “Savvy Women Invest on Purpose” seminar we designed a program that would create more consistency, continuity and become the central figure in her marketing and drip program
- Her new schedule: Focusing on the kind of life she wants to live we developed a schedule and service model that allowed her the freedom to feel good as a mother with a schedule that kept her focused energized and productive
- Her office décor – While still a bit stuck in the traditional mind set we developed a cost effective way to turn her “office” environment into one that was more appealing to women while representing my client and what was important to her.
While we still have more to do, this one opportunity to meet face to face for two days dramatically kick started her progress. She could IMMEDIATELY begin sharing her message, brand, purpose and process with clarity and conviction; redefining who she is, what makes her unique and WHY she does what she does.
But even more important, this woman began to see what is truly possible, her defensive walls started to crumble allowing her beauty to shine through and her confidence to rise up. She left with a clear message and brand that was a true reflection of her, highlighting her purpose and passion as a woman in financial services.