If you’re looking to enhance your prospecting efforts, generate more referrals, and get new introductions from your existing clients – consistently and repeatedly – it’s time to consider a seminar program to grow your business.
In today’s environment, seminars have proven to be one of the most effective methods to build a successful practice.
There are many different kinds of seminars, or EVENTS as I prefer to call them, and each type serves a very specific business-building function:
· Large events, marketed through a marketing company, are very effective in building brand recognition and a database full of prospects
· Smaller, more interactive workshops are ideal for relationship building and closing business
· Specialty events are tailored to enhance client loyalty, and generate new introductions and referrals
No matter what your business objective is, strategic events can help you accomplish it – as long as you:
1. Know your objective: Be clear and specific about your immediate objective – more specific than just, “I want to open accounts.” Do you want to close business, generate more introductions, enhance client loyalty, or just get your name out there and generate leads? The more specific your objective is, the more effective you can be.
2. Have a plan: Based on your objective, be clear on the steps it takes to achieve that goal. How will you call people to action at the end of your event? How will you encourage your audience to actually do what you are recommending? How can you entice the audience to provide the information you need in order to follow up?
3. Prepare, prepare, prepare: Before your event, rehearse your presentation. Clarify the call to action. Determine the steps you will take immediately after the event to follow up with participants. Identify possible objections and challenges, and craft your responses before they arise. Do what it takes to make sure your event is a seamless experience for everyone there.
A little support goes a long way in creating a truly effective event, and you might be surprised at just how easy it can be to develop and deliver a program that fuels your business for years to come.
If you’d like to learn more about how to create and implement a seminar program that suits your objectives, raises your public profile, and delivers serious results, click here