She was opening a second office in an exclusive community and wanted to make a splash. She had a billion and one ideas but little focus much less a master marketing plan. While she wanted to focus on the women’s market she didn’t want to alienate the men in the area. Like most all the other advisors her message was blah and her focus non-existent.
When I traveled to California to meet with her and her team it was crystal clear she was over doing, not delegating enough and driven by a desperation to start generating revenues NOW; which was a recipe for failure. On the other hand after just spending a few hours with her and her team it became quite evident that her true passion was helping women, but not every woman. I explained that women were a demographic group not a tribal market, so we keyed into her tribal market a key component to success.
By noon we had zeroed in on her message and fabulous new tagline that was perfect for her new location and tribal market, but her fear of missing out on other business was creating resistance. Added to that fear, my process was quite contrary to her former Dean Whitter training, a common road block for many advisors. By the end of the day, perhaps it was a combination of blind trust in my expertise and her sheer determination to succeed she embraced my plan focused on the women’s market, committed to the marketing strategy and never looked back.
Just two months later her new message and strategy was making an impact and creating a buzz. During our hourly follow up coaching call she shared a multitude of interactions and leads all generated by her more targeted add in a local magazine and her more female focused newsletter. She no longer blended in with the other local advisors. Her new strategy and process had not only been the generating source of new leads, but also reassured her that facing her fears and going a little rogue was all worth it!
During the full day face to face Accelerated workshop together her team and I:
- Dissected her business and defined her Tribal Market (*Chapter 4)
- We wrote their stories, “Why they care about women” Each team member shared and with coaching refined their message to become more compelling. (*Chapter 6 – This is a powerful exercise for every team member.)
- We developed her Compelling Introduction (*Chapter 7) which included her new title that inspired interest, tag line that had meaning and significance and an engaging process for working with women.
- We simplified her seminar strategy creating more consistency and increasing potential impact.
- We reviewed roles and responsibilities of her team members and developed a more accountable system for delegating
- We determined her new advertising plan for the local high-end magazine adding a call to action, Dear Deb column and layout that would attract more attention and get results.
*Order Adri’s book, Keys To The Ladies Room
During our Follow- Up Coaching Calls:
- Reviewed accomplishments since the workshop holding team members more accountable
- Refined stories to become more powerful and ready for print
- Discussed drip marketing incorporating more female friendly marketing materials.
- Reviewed the issues that could undermine success inspiring further commitment from the team and advisor
When you zero in on your focus, when you are committed to your tribal market, when you become fearlessly authentic and bold with your messaging amazing things will happen with your business.
I’m always so elated when I hear the positive results even when it’s not uncommon. The women’s market is so ripe and ready for a new style of marketing.