Inside the femXadvisor coaching program, we spend a great deal of time focused on the strengths that advisors bring to the business, specifically what female financial advisors bring to the financial services industry.
You can explore this with two questions:
- What are women’s natural and unique strengths?
- Why is this strength important to the client?
Usually, the answers will come without much need for thought:
- Good communicators – Can clearly explain topics to clients in a manner easily understood.
- Excellent at building relationships – So necessary in developing trust today.
- Nurtures/Empathetic – Clients want someone who can relate and empathize with their issues.
- Good Listeners – Can uncover issues that the client does not verbalize.
- Driven by a Purpose – Clients want to feel that their needs come first before your paycheck.
- Community-oriented – Works very collaboratively with the client.
We can agree that, especially in today’s environment, clients are CRAVING what women bring naturally.
On the one hand, women readily identify natural strengths that they bring to the business; they then can validate why they are essential and agree that clients are searching for advisors with these strengths.
YET women advisors are not articulating this message to clients or prospects.
As women in finance, we have lost our way. We have allowed the industry to clip our feathers. In our desire to fit in, we have worked hard at blending in and NOT standing out. It’s time we started to STAND OUT and SPEAK UP.