What if you became a magnet to new business? Every time you turned around a prospect or business opportunity presented itself to you! You never had to ASK for referrals (something I abhor) they just came to you unsolicited. Whether you are at the grocery store, dog park or intentional networking event, someone became interested in what you do and the value you provide. Can you imagine what that could do to your business much less your life? Instead of chasing prospects and hunting for business opportunities, new business just gravitated to you and your practice.
All right I can hear you now “Oh yeah Adri, nice thought but to succeed it takes hard work and a lot of elbow grease”.
We seem to think that the only way to succeed is to put in long hours, work hard, be highly disciplined, be efficient with our time and check everything off our list. Just writing this sounds exhausting. Granted there are times in our lives when this is important (a missed message for some of the younger generation) but most advisors are not spring chickens, you are seasoned professionals who have been at this for a while, for some a long while. You may love your job but that doesn’t mean the best thing to do is work your tail off, there really is a better way.
- Michelle left my workshop and couldn’t help sharing her message with everyone she met. Her energy was so high and she was so excited about her new focus that it just oozed out of her. Next thing she knew she was capturing everyone’s interest and they wanted to know more about what she could do for them. She became a magnet.
- Susan worked with me for 3 months re-branding her practice, focus and developing her compelling message. She loved what we created because it was so aligned with what she believed. The moment she started sharing her story she saw an immediate impact on everyone. It didn’t matter where she was or who she was speaking to, opportunities and prospects started popping up everywhere. She couldn’t believe how easy it was..
In both situations it was like an overnight success, their passion, energy and focus became a magnet attracting attention from just about everyone. It can be that easy and it all starts with you.
Creating A Magnetic Practice in 3 Steps:
- Understand your why and who; If your purpose is simply to make a lot of money stop here, my process won’t work for you. For my clients the money and production becomes the bonus for living and doing what you love.
- Write your story as to why you do what you do, make it clear, concise and totally honest. This process can often make a grown man cry but that’s when you know you have hit the mark.
- Define your mission; I’m not talking about the typical mission statement. If you write your story as I describe in my book, Keys to the Ladies Room, and you follow the process your mission will be a by-product.
There are additional steps to creating a magnetic practice, it’s all spelled out in my book or for many through my coaching program. But in reality these 3 steps become the foundation for any financial advisor. I you change nothing else in your business but simply understanding why you really care about what you do, sharing your story with everyone you meet followed by your true mission as a financial advisor you too will start to experience the magnetic impact you can have on growing your business.