A typical client presentation comes with charts highlighting asset allocation, bio’s touting licences and accomplishments none of which really tells the prospect who you really are and what you believe. In fact the only real differentiating factor between presentations is the name of the Financial Advisor.
A good prospect presentation must validate who you are and WHY you do what you do. What the prospects see should not say what you are saying but validate your message and enhance the learning experience.
5 Keys to a Prospect Presentation for Women:
1. Keep it brief: don’t educate but inspire, remember less is more. If they could read the presentation without hearing what you say then you have printed too much
2. Make it personal: share information that talks more about you, why you do what you do and what you believe.
3. Make it visually attractive: Be sure all fonts and sizes are consistent, use a professional to create a color scheme that reflects YOU not the industry (this look and feel should be consistent in all your marketing materials)
4. Create a flow: Each page of the presentation should flow with your verbal presentation like a story with pages
5. Enhance your message: What you present on the presentation must enhance your message not give your message ie; When sharing your story as to why you care about women if your story talks about your Mother post pictures of your mother or even pictures when you were young.
A good well thought out presentation should incorporate the following pages.
A Female Friendly Presentation Agenda:
- Cover page
- Needs of Tribal market
- Tiffany boxes – the solutions you provide
- Investment philosophy (3 cliches)
- Investment functions
- Investment Pie chart
- Purpose Driven Process
- Events & Educational programs
Remember the real purpose of this prospect presentation is to build trust, it’s your words and passion for what you do that will sell them, the presentation will simply validate you are not making it up as you go.