An Investment Philosophy that gets Women to take action
June 9, 2016
Women have many questions: Why you care about her? Why you do what you do? Why you make the investment decisions that you do?
Yet most advisors, even those who claim to be Women’s Wealth Specialists, tend to drown women (and sometimes men) in long winded explanations of their credentials, experience and investment process.
Many advisors think words such as, 'asset allocation' and 'diversification' are both valuable and intriguing.. in reality they simply confuse and bore women often causing them to tune out.
They don’t want to know how to make the clock they want to know why they need the clock. The same holds true with your investment philosophy. When women understand why you invest the way you do in simple compelling language the barriers come down and the relationship grows.
Become A Women’s Wealth Specialist
Tool 3: Writing Your Investment Philosophy
Consider using clichés to validate your investment recommendations. Instead of overwhelming your client with technical terms and financial jargon they aren’t familiar with, engage them with clichés to cleverly describe your strategy and approach.
Well known clichés create immediate clarity as to why you do what you do. This builds trust with a woman. When a woman understands why you do what you do, she will be more inclined to move forward and take action.
- You’ll experience a receptive client: The moment the male advisor shared her clichés the woman nodded and was totally receptive to the recommendations.
- Clichés also have a positive effect on husbands: After using her 3 clichés, she realized it wasn’t just the women who appreciated this approach, as the men seemed more relaxed and focused on the investment recommendations as well.
- Using clichés allows you to prioritize your time: By using his 3 clichés he didn’t have to spend time explaining giving a lengthy explanation about what he does, and instead what able to focus on the client and resolving their issues.
- Using clichés builds confidence: It can be challenging to explain an investment philosophy to your audience. You might have experienced blank stares with your approach. Using clichés will help.
- Clichés are a simple and effective approach: Advisors never realize how simple it is to get women to move forward once they understand what you think and why. This process is so much easier. What a great solution!
Sample Investment Philosophy:
Our investment philosophy is best represented by three clichés that instill our core philosophy for investing your money.
- We take the road "Less Traveled": We often focused on the investments least adored by Wall Street. We tend to buy into fear and sell into greed.
- Price Matters: We like to buy quality on sale. The best business in the world can be a terrible investment if you pay too much for it.
- A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned: We do not like to lose money! We believe that capital preservation and minimizing the risk of large portfolio losses is of paramount importance.
You too can become a Women’s Wealth Specialist. In the MWA, Masters of Women’s Advisory Certification Program, Adri will walk you through every step of the process, help you to create and integrate your investment clichés, and help you develop a Female Friendly practice that will engage, inspire, and motivate women to become your client.